Processes in the Fluidised Bed
The fluidised bed technology enables processes that are superior to other technologies from both economic and ecological point of view. For companies in the food and feed, pharmaceutical, chemical or biotechnology industries, the fluid bed is suitable for effective and innovative processes for drying, agglomeration, spray granulation, encapsulation and coating of substances and products.
The fluidised bed provides optimum conditions for intensive heat and mass transfer. A gas, usually air, flows through particles, which are present as a solid bed in the resting state, from below. This causes the particles to be intensively mixed and a fluidised bed is formed. Now the individual particles are exposed to the respective medium with practically their entire surface. Fluidised-bed drying is one of the most effective drying processes of all.
But much more is possible in the expanded fluidised bed: By spraying liquids, various innovative processes such as granulation, agglomeration, coating or microencapsulation can be realised. With a multitude of individually adjustable parameters and the right selection or combination of suitable processes, there are practically unlimited possibilities for developing completely new formulations and optimizing the application properties of your existing products.
- Precisely adjusted product moisture
- Defined particle size distribution and bulk density
- Stabilization of valuable ingredients and mixtures
- Improved solubility and dispersibility
- Improved flow properties and reduced dust content
- Instantisation of powder mixtures
- Smell and taste masking
- Targeted release behavior
- Coating and microencapsulation
- Forming of liquids containing solids (spray-drying granulation)