The batch technology is an alternative, when fast throughput times do not matter and fixed batch sizes are to be processed or when a frequent product change is planned. NEUHAUS NEOTEC fluidised bed plants are versatile and flexible. They can process a variety of products and refine powders, granules or pellets or shape liquids to particles.
In addition to drying, batch plants are used for agglomeration, spray granulation, coating or micro-encapsulation.
Our plants are of modular design. They can be adjusted in many ways to the planned process, the desired functionality and the prevailing conditions, such as GMP or space available. Product and technical areas are separated from each other. The basic NEUHAUS NEOTEC plant consists of the Batch FB fluidised bed apparatus, the inlet air and exhaust air systems and the control unit. Various options can be retrofitted to meet future requirements efficiently. In the NEUHAUS NEOTEC pilot plant, all processes can be developed, tested and verified both on laboratory and pilot scale.
Examples for the application of the batch fluidized bed technology
- Agglomeration of instant drinks such as cocoa, fruit drinks
- Microencapsulation of vitamins or probiotics
- Spray granulation of fertilisers
- Agglomeration of instant soups and sauces
- Uniform drying of pharmaceutical active ingredient mixtures or wet granulates
- Granulation of pharmaceutical tablet mixtures
- Fat Coating of food or feed products