MICROENCAPSULATIONWith microencapsulation, solid or liquid active agents were homogeneously embedded into a carrier material. Particles with an exact defined condition are generated, which are stable against external causes. This way, for instance, pharmaceutical agents or flavors can be released targeted and time-delayed.
The active compound for a microencapsulation could be a flavor-oil, for example. For cover-material, substances like gelatin, gum arabic, starch, maltodextrin or cellulose are available. The apparatus- and plant-configurations of Neuhaus Neotec can be designed for top- and bottom-spray methods as well as for Wurster processes. That offers you always the demanded final product according to the primary product and reproducible processes.
BENEFITS OF MICROENCAPSULATION:
- Storage stability (protection against chemical reactions, oxygen, light, humidity)
- Fixation of volatile compounds
- Optical effects (color, pearlescent)
- Depot effect (slow agent-release)
- Flavor- or smell-masking
- Stable separation of incompatible substances
- Enhancing of flowability
- Reduction of dust and electrostatic charge
- Oil (fish-oil, sesame oil, evening primrose oil)
- Flavors and ethereal oils